Sailing and Snorkeling with the Turtles!
The ½ Day Sail Excursion departs twice a day from Yacht Haven Grande Marina located in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas. Our destination is the National Wildlife Marine Refuge at Buck Island. Here, we will anchor at the aptly named Turtle Cove, where you will experience a large population of Endangered Green Sea Turtles feeding in their Natural Habitat. Eel Grass, their food of choice, grows abundantly here at Turtle Cove. This makes Buck Island one of the unique places in the Caribbean where these majestic creatures gather in great numbers. Other Sealife, including Stingrays, Conch, Starfish, Urchins, Crabs, Tropical Fish and Coral Reefs also make this there home.
Don't miss this experience of a lifetime! No sailing or snorkeling skills are necessary – our crew does it all! We offer professional instruction, quality snorkel gear, and the best floatation devices in the entire U.S. Virgin Islands! After snorkeling or swimming take a quick fresh water rinse on the aft deck. When you’re not snorkeling, you’ll be gliding through the Caribbean Sea, past St. Thomas, St. John, and St. Croix, sipping cocktails from an open bar, munching on snacks, and soaking up the sun. Avoid the crowded cruise ship excursions; make your reservations aboard the Fury!
We had the perfect day. The crew of Fury picked us up at the Cruiseship Dock, We had a great sail out to the marine sanctuary, and the turtles were everywhere! Great fun!!
Our morning sail begins at 8:30am to 12pm and 12:30pm to 4pm from the Fat Turtle Restaurant in Yacht Haven Grande Marina, adjacent to the Havensite Cruise Ship Dock. Times are subject to change.
Fury Sailing Excursions depart from the Fat Turtle Restaurant in Yacht Haven Grande Marina adjacent to the Havensite Cruise Ship Dock in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas. Click here for a map of our location.
Rates & Details
Our half-day sailing charter price is $85 per person. Save $10 per person with our cash discount. Price includes all snorkel gear, flotation devices, open bar, snacks, fresh water shower, entertainment, relaxation and wonderful memories. Visit our onboard souvenir shop for purchases of t-shirts, hats, cameras, koozies and more!
What to bring on your day sailing excursion
- Don't forget your sunscreen
- Money for T-shirts, drink koozies, under-water cameras and customary gratuities
Thank you for the most relaxing day of my life. This was my first time sailing and I never knew how peaceful it could be with no motor running, just rolling through the seas. The turtles were so majestic. I'll be returning with a bunch of friends next year.
A sample itinerary
- Board the Fury - St. Thomas Sailing Charters, and enjoy your first rum punch, beer, wine, or cocktail of the day
- Unwind as we raise sails and enjoy a 45 minute sail to Buck Island Marine Sanctuary near St. Thomas. This incredible snorkel spot is as calm as a swimming pool and is great for beginners. In fact, 50% of our guests have never snorkeled before. Our experienced crew is on hand to give you personal instruction.
- Snorkel Tour! Our trained and experienced crew will give you professional instruction and guide you in the water to help you find big green turtles, squid, sea urchins, brittle sea stars, conch shells, sting ray, eels, and, if we’re lucky, our resident octopus! You’ll have another 1 – 1.5 hours in the water to explore and snorkel at your leisure.
- Take the helm! During our hour-long sail back to the dock, enjoy another cocktail or two (or three!), eat snacks, groove to the island music, and relax. It’s a perfect time for kids (and adults) to take the helm, learn to sail, and take plenty of priceless scrapbook photos.
- Once we’re back to the dock, souvenir shop and say farewell to the new friends you met on your incredible adventure!
We provide quality snorkel gear -masks, snorkels, fins, vests, noodles and boogie boards. We have all sizes to fit both the young and the old!
The sailing excursion on Fury could not have been better! The sailing was great, The turtles were plentiful, the boat was immaculate and the crew was fun and professional.